when i goto crank my car it sound like it wants to turn over but it doesnt can anybody tell me what may be the problem??

Asked by Jul 01, 2015 at 05:25 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

That there is one beautiful baby, almost as much as my grandkids. :~) Anyway, have a look at you battery cable terminals, where the cables connect to battery post(s) If you have black, or green/white stuff looks like mold, could be the problem. If the battery posts are clean, make sure they are tight. Then if it's none of those, see if you can get a jump-start, and take it to a place that will load-test your battery. (Anywhere that sells batteries) And I DON'T mean checking voltage, LOAD test. If your battery is more than about 5 years old, that's about the life-span of a car battery. You might need a new one. ....NOW, if that's not it, next.... is starter, on a 22+ year old car, if it has never been replaced that's something like 8,000 starts. Served you well

FordNut,is right,