Why wont my car start the lights turn on I have spark but it just clicks

Asked by Jul 08, 2013 at 12:46 AM about the 1993 Chevrolet Caprice

Ive tried jumping it but nothing plz help

22,485

I assume you discovered the no spark while cranking from the jump start! just clicking means low battery and no cranking over round and round.or was it good till you cranked it over and over and run it down? now you got two problems! bat. and fuel delivery. unless your savvy on the workings of a car get help . some suggestions are, is sec light on dash lit? = security lockout , work keys in locks, let key on position for ten min. turn off and try . with a charged battery that is! disconnect bat . terminal 1/2 min. reconnect, try, check fuel pump relay,and fuse, spray some fuel in intake and prove a no fuel is the problem.as it will then fire till depleted! actually that's the first thing I do to eliminate thinking fuses,fuel filter ,relays, fuel pump, low oil fuel pump connect switch,thats a good one! , regards 7jimmy7

22,485

low oil kill switch was used for a while to save engines from disaster of oil starvation , fooled so many "experts" was a joke ,cost to public ,millions! saved to gm, millions. who wins? why not danger low oil light! or a little hammer immerged from dash for a knock knock!

40

I had the same problem with my 93 caprice, I cleaned all the connections to the battery and power junction (little red box) works great now. as for the oil pressure problem you might buy a cheap oil gauge and hook it up and test. oil pressure sensor/ sending unit could be faulty.

20

i have a new battery and a new alternator and new starter. why want it turnover?