98 Buick Riviera

Asked by Feb 07, 2017 at 10:03 PM about the 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe FWD

Driving 45  all of a sudden I couldn't steer and the
car wouldn't accelerate.

86,195

Maybe you lost the serpentine belt.

86,195

Or the engine quit.

Thank You. Can't get back to the car until tomorrow then I'll check your suggestions.

I think you're right about the engine quitting. I wasn't driving when this occurred but I drove it home and it died everytime I came to a stop and I lost the steering when it died naturally,and of course the engine cannot accelerate if it isn't running. So what could be the problem?

I think you're right about the engine quitting. I wasn't driving when this occurred but I drove it home and it died everytime I came to a stop and I lost the steering when it died naturally,and of course the engine cannot accelerate if it isn't running. So what could be the problem? Why won't the engine stay on?