what makes my drivers side running light s stay on when car is off on my 97 park avenue?

Asked by Dec 27, 2011 at 08:56 PM about the 1997 Buick Park Avenue FWD

My wife was driving our 1997 park ave. When she shut off the engine, the the driver's side running lights remained on and would not shut off. I had to remove the # 23 fuse to get them to turn off. What can I do to fix this. The dealer is no help.

This happened to me too. It ended up being a short in the Flasher Relay. You will have to get it from the Dealer of from the Junk Yard. And it is located next to the steering column on the right. It is not visible because it is hiding above a black plastic something or other. Remove the Plastic cover, 3 screws. Then turn on the blinkers. Then feel around for the Blinker Relay, you will be able to feel the vibration. I do believe I had to undo the brake switch at the brake pedal.. But anyways, it looks like a black box and the Left and Right relays are encased in it. You do not need to open the black box. You will be replacing the whole part...

Juan is totally right. A new Relay worked for our 2004 Park Avenue we purchased one at Orielley's for $58.99