What is normally the problem when the traction control light is on 1996 Buick Park Ave ultra

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 01:16 PM about the 1996 Buick Park Avenue Ultra FWD

Thank you for your feed back. I have tried to turn it off and on and the light remains on. It
use to go off but now it doesn't. Is it the switch or what is thee system like ? Is it hard to
repair and is it expensive?

Thanks for your quick response in the past. I look forward to hearing from you soon!!!

715

The traction control system operates via the ABS, uses the same sensors, my garage man told me years ago. Fixing the traction control system would mean dismantling and maybe replacing the ABS sensors, which is a rather complex and therefore costly procedure. So, unless you think you really need traction control because maybe you live in a region with plenty of snow and ice (I don't), you might as well leave it alone. As long as the ABS works - a system that's relevant to the operational safety of your Park Avenue - you can keep on driving as is and have nothing to worry about.

110

My traction control light when lit up my Buick runs off key sort of, my car doesn't seem to run correctly and doesn't perform right and when traction control light is lit up my car seems to miss fire

110

What can Id o to turn off the traction control light?

110

I have a traction control button on my car but when I push the button the traction control light goes off for a second or two then the traction control light comes on again

I have had a similar problem. It was a loose front wheel bearing.