2002 buick lesabre pulled tranny went to mount used 1 to motor and checked gear selector was very hard to turn had to use adjustable and was still hard to move any idea on cause

Asked by Apr 06, 2014 at 09:43 AM about the 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited

9,855

Was it sitting outside for awhile? If it's in the car now your commited. You'll want to get it to the point where once you start to move the selector it will either spring back to the position you where in or to the next if your over 1/2 way. If it's sticking between it will need to be fixed. Try a good penatrant on the shaft where it enters the tranny. TKX or 12/34 are what I use. Coat the area and let it sit for a few minutes. Work it with the wrench. Repeat untill it gets better. If it doesn't then you may need to remove the shaft and replace what ever is damaged.

Its out,on the,floor it came out of a running car but dont kno y u can barely move it wondering if anything could of happen to it during removal old 1 turns by hand ...

9,855

I doubt you damaged it during removal. I use a shop crane when I'm in the shop but if I'm pulling motors elswhere I use the front-end loader on an older tractor. It has on/off spool valves not variable like the new machines. Long story short it gets a little rammy some times and I've never damaged a shifter (even the one time I forgot to unhook the cable whoops). Try spraying and working it. If you use the two mentioned above and rust is the issue you should see it start coming out instantly. WD-40 works but not as good.

Thank yoy