I have been trying to jump start my 1992 buick century for 3 days and at first is made a clicking noise but would not start and now it is doing nothing and everything is dead on and in the car

Asked by May 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM about the 1992 Buick Century Custom

I have been trying to jump start my 1992 buick century for 3 days and at first it made a clicking sound but would not start, now I try to jump start it and everything is dead in and on the car and it does not even make the clicking sound.  What can I do?  I have no money and am a single mother about to have knee surgery.  Is there any way to jump it or check if it is the alternator or not.  I dont think it is the battery

....okay, you have to check the date on the top of your battery by looking at the knock off labels...get a new battery. A reputable one like Interstate, NAPA, Prestolite (not walmart). The battery is connected to the Chassis ground on the other end...you must take a wirebrush and clean the end of the 1/0 battery cable and the place to where it bolts to allow the full 300 (at least) cold cranking amps to get thru...also the 1/0 cable that connects to the engine block clean them with a wirebrush NUT and washers too---on the positive side the connection to the starter solenoid take the nut off and wirebrush and remove any corrosion, nut and washer as well....after cleanin' these things up with a some wrenches and a wirebrush, turn the key and all will be right with the universe~

77,925

Remove your battery and have recharged and tested, then do what the judge suggests.