Future problems

55

Asked by Jun 29, 2008 at 12:56 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

I was wondering what future problems my 94 camaro Z28 should have. It has 140,000 miles and i just put a new distributor and the normal tune up parts.

you should be fine to go,just keep up maintance-oil change every 3,000 miles.if the water pump has never been changed it could go same for fuel pump.other than that enjoy te ride.

475

I agree with apove also if it ever starts puking out oil out the rear of the motor and it looks like a sending unit or trans leak its not the rear seal on the intake blew out when GM built en they didn't use normal intake gaskets in the rear valley they used silicone so after about 100,000 miles it'll start to leak then one good throttle up and it'll pop out

i agree with the guy below, Water pump and fuel pump are next to go. probably wanna have a couple window motors laying around too... (if there power)

55

the window motors have already been replaced once and the driver side went out again, the passenger side goes slow but still works.

25

If it has the 4l60e trani, that'll be the next big thing to go!!! Mine did!

55

My trani was rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago.

315

u should be good just in 40-60k miles watch for ur opti to go out again. big problem and if u didnt get the opti-spark v2 do it when it does u want it vented. watch for the rear intake manifold seal to go out easiest way to check is if u see a puddle under the rear of the engine run ur fingers on the rear of the block below the intake manifold. t-tops will prolly start leaking if u have them, depending on how much you get on the gas hard. but watch you're starter, fuel pump, and t-tops the most.

35

I have about 77k miles on my camaro and my intake manifold has started to leak. And then since you just got your transmission rebuilt that shouldn't be a problem because mine needs the fluid flushed. Also my power steering pump is a little louder than usual so it is wearing out a little so you might need one of those sometime. Be sure to change your fuel filter also. And then watch the fuel pump like almost everyone has said. I think mine needs one pretty soon.

16,045

Check your serpentine belt, and radiator hoses. Look for oil leaks around the power steering, and get all fluids changed and filters. Proper maintenance will be a great preventative. It is hard to tell what will go next. If you get a big tax return, your car will let you know. How are the wheel bearings, and front suspension holding up? Did you lube and adjust the window that is sluggish? My old Corvette window motor finally died after 34 years and 300,000+ miles. Now it is fast going up and down after a good cleaning and lube.