No start 94 astro

Asked by Nov 23, 2015 at 07:49 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Astro Passenger Van Extended

Can see it's getting gas. Atleast one wire is
getting spark. Turns over but won't start.
Not even with starting fluid

8,600

ticking noise when cranking? other plugs are not getting spark? you can use a spark tester at each plug. to verify spark gets to each one, or replace the 20 year old maintenance items that may exist with new A/C delco parts. If spark is jumping to ground somewhere, finding it may require a helper and attempts to verify it. I have had them like this, removed aftermarket parts and restored the primary and or secondary or control ignition parts to A/C delco as the lasting correction.

I only checked the one so far.

8,600

We are not there to complete your inspections and diagnoses for you so please try the ideas and consider what parts were ever replaced. sure, you can also verify fuel and compression, but you might find it in well meaning previous repairs or maintenance left undone. or aftermarket parts in use that have a higher failure rate, just to clarify.

I didn't see any ideas?

8,600

Start with the first posting, read slowly, or have a technician check the car. It cannot diagnose itself, or read the computer screen itself, you may have to get your head in there. to see and perceive the first idea, try that. or ask a friend who is comfortable at that height, and has a greater cognitive ability.

All I was saying is wat I have done so far. Gas is getting to the carburetor and letting u know so far I've checked one wire n it got spark. I was just wondering wat my next step should be

8,600

An engine needs 4 things to run, spark, fuel, compression, and timing. you think you have verified 2 of those. I suggest you verify them more completely, and use some consideration for it being 20 years since the factory, look at what has been done, and look for what's causing it. you may see more evidence if you get your attention focused on the items that deliver the spark, and check to see if it is successful at all cylinders, how much more simplicity do you need? The ones I have had like this as no starts had substandard items in place of high quality A/C delco. They had to be updated or back track to where they were losing spark. now, check the car further to have all 4 things. if it does not have anything found, your diag equipment may need increasing, ask a technician. A 94 does not have a carburetor.

8,600

You can get step by step "no start" instructions and tune up system prechecks from the library. use the professional automotive database, or get a haynes/chilton book which also has photos and prechecks of various parts and each procedure outlined. You can get testing equipment at the parts store and return it after. You can check a vehicle for a system troublecode that leads to pinpoint tests. all these things are simplified when the person doing it has experience....Like mr. Goodwrench.....or your choice.