Truck won't start

Asked by Oct 27, 2012 at 05:43 PM about the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD

I was driving the truck and the truck stopped and shut off, it won't start like it's not getting fuel to it or
something.  It's not my battery, it keeps cranking when I try but it just won't start now.  I was stopped at a
stop light and it shut off.

255

Ford has this crazy thing that can go wrong randomly, the fuel pump saftey shut off switch you can check that first, then check fuel pump, filter and fuel pressure regulator. one of those is most likely be the culprit

140

it sounds to be your fuel pump,..be sure to reset that saftey shut off switch after replacing your fuel pump

300

I'm having the same issue. Replaced the fuel filter, pump working fine ad the fuel cut off switch is functioning as it should. Checked all fuses. Turns over but still won't start.

90

your catalytic convertors are plugged.take out 2 o2 sensors on the exhaust and try to start it happened to me and i just figured it out

90

what happens is ur engine has no where to get rid of the gasses .once u take o2 sensors out it will run rough because it still doesnt have enough plces to get rid of the gasses until u get rid of the cats or replace them. i had same problem for two weeks now and finally took sensors out and it fired.it about time

100

antiquesrus - I'm having the same problem. Over the past few years I've had the truck suddenly lose power and then had to coast a bit...or coast home as I was nearby. Next day, good as new. This has occurred a few times. Yesterday, I wasn't so lucky. It feels like the gas is trying to make it's way up - but can't. Could it be debris in the line? That's what I always thought in the past. That it fell out overnight. Is it possible that if I can get the tank filled, the pressure of a full tank will help? And if it is the catalytic convertors, what are we talking about in terms of repairs? Thanks in advance for the help!

20

It could also be the pick up coil in the distributor I had a vehicle do the same thing just driving down the road and it just died next day fired up and ran fine for about an hour then died again I replaced the pick up coil and didn't have any more problems since

100

For me, it was a dirty gas filter. Shame on me!

40

fuel pump control module, it sits on a crossbar under bed, fills up road grim and salt and that eats the aluminum backside cover and exposes the control board to the elements. poof you're done, $90ish at autozone.

Jim has the simple answer. Look at the small ,simple solutions first before spending the $900.00 on fuel pump

I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport 4.0 it a roll over but wont start what color is the timing supposed to be

Okay I got a 2003 Ford Explorer 4.0 Sports xlt it a roll over but won't start