What needs to be replaced after the polarity on the battery has been reversed?

Asked by Jan 09, 2017 at 11:33 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

I am trying to fix a car that my friend had just laying around. Its a 2001 Saturn SL, orginally she told me that the car just needed a new battery and that the alternator needed to be changed. After we replace the alternator and battery (and the fuel pump), they told me that one of their other friends reveresed the polarity on the car when he jumped it off backwards.  So far I have replace the alternator, the fuel pump, the ecu, and the module. My next step is to replace the fuses and the fusable link. Is there anything else that I need to be looking for?

91,555

Replace the main fuse and see what works and what does not. Good luck, you are going to need it.

73,865

Did you have the replacement "ecu" (PCM) flashed? It must be flashed (programmed) to the vehicle using your vehicle identification number (VIN). HTH. -Jim