Repair ??--know of a PHX area auto tech school that does car repair--cracked block on 95 Saturn SL2?

Asked by Jul 10, 2009 at 01:17 PM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

I have a 1995 Saturn SL2 that a (now former) friend kindly allowed to overheat and I've been advised that the block is cracked (coolant in all four pistons).  I am currently job searching and am in a real pinch.  The car has a new alternator, battery, starter, EGR valve and ran great but I'm getting all sorts of different quotes to repair it--all of which are more than I paid for the darn thing.  I understand that it is not a super car but it is all that I have (or had).  

I'm just trying to find an alternate way to possibly get it fixed but within a budget that fits with my unemployment check.  Or, in the alternative, suggestions about a reputable company that might buy it to just take it off my hands.  In that case, also, if you have any suggestions as to a value that I should possibly try to achieve.  

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

155

If you live anywhere remotely in Nebraska close to lincoln, york, or grand island there's a community college at milford. Milford (the name is pretty darn funny) 17 miles west of Lincoln (or 33 miles east of york). It's a tech school the specializes with cars. The way it works there is you can ask for your car to be fixed, and all you have to pay for is for the parts and the labor is 100% free cause it's counted as a school assignment.