top speed

55

Asked by Apr 27, 2010 at 01:43 AM about the 2000 Saturn L-Series 4 Dr LW2 Wagon

ok i have a 2000 Saturn lw200. when in park/neutral the rev is limited to 4000 rpm. I do not want this. How do i remove the rev limiter, or is this done by the computer. Also how do i remove my re-stricter plate or is this the computer as well. I have allot of mods on my wagon and take it to the track on a regular basis. She tops out at 125 mph at 3500 rpms in 4th gear (automatic) there is still more power and i want to use it so any information or mod suggestions to help with the above are greatly appreciated.

1,015

Don't know a huge amount about this system, but on any car with a modern solid state ignition / EFI - you're going to have a rev-limit imposed by the ECU. Now, since you're probably the only person in the world taking an LW200 to the track, I'm guessing no one has figured out any way to re-flash the ECU so your best bet would be to put a megasquirt setup on there, which will take over all of the fuel injection and ignition control and allow you to customize your timing and fuel map. If you can figure out how to do that, it should be pretty easy to just drop on an L61 supercharger kit for the Cavalier, which is something I've thought about since it'd make a pretty awesome sleeper. However, with an automatic, I'm not really sure how much the transmission control module interacts with the ecu, so your transmission may not work... I would seriously love to see some videos of you racing this thing - as much as I love my '03 LW200, I just can't imagine it on a track!