how to change water pump in a 95 camaro in a video

Asked by Apr 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Base Convertible

40

I can't give you a video but I can explain it if you want. I just did one last week on my 95 hardtop V6. Your gonna have to take the air intake off in order to access it then remove the drive belt as well the pulley for the water pump. At this point its a smart idea to drain the whole cooling system. There are two drain plugs below the exhaust manifold. You will also need to remove all of the hoses attached to the block but leave them on the radiator as well as remove the hoses connected to the water pump. After this you have to either rent or buy a power steering pulley puller from a nappa or autozone and take that off. Once you take that off your going to need to remove the power steering pump bracket. there are two bolts under the distributor so you will have to take that off as well once you get the bracket off you need simply take off the bolts holding the pump on i believe there are 13 but i may be wrong. After this you remove the pump you need to scrape all the old gasket off of the block. Make sure that the surface is clean smooth and dry before instillation. For instillation your gonna need some atv sealer for the gasket. I recommend putting the gasket on the pump first and letting it dry for about 15 min just to make sure that there is a good seal. After this install the water pump with atv sealent on the other side of the gasked (the part that will be touching the block) and thread the bolts in finger tight just to hold it in place. I looked to see if there is a torque sequence but there isn't so either way that you wanna go is fine. However each bolt has its torque spec. I can send those to you at a later time if you can't find them I just don't have them on me at this time. once the pump is on there you can start reinstalling the power steering bracket as well as the hoses and everything. Be sure that when you fill the system back up you use DEX-COOL if you don't then you will probally be doing another waterpump in a year. Make sure that you also make it a 50-50 mix or at least 70 dex 30 water. Once everything is installed then fill the radiator with your DEX-COOl and turn the engine on. Keep filling until the coolant level doesn't drop anymore then squeeze the lower radiator hose to get those air bubbles out and repeat this process until the level stops dropping. BE CAREFUL THIS SHIT GETS HOT AS FUCK!!! If you have any comments or questions you can email me at morellofan45@aol.com or just leave me a message on facebook