Frozen/stuck wheel?

Asked by Sep 17, 2013 at 07:57 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr STD Sedan

There has been heavy rain in my area and last week I had to drive through slightly
flooded streets to get home. After that, the car was parked without moving for 4 days.
Today when I tried to drive it, one of the rear tires seems to be frozen. The engine
starts and runs fine, but when the car is moving it seems that one of the rear wheels is
stuck so that it drags instead of turns. It feels like the parking brake is on, only a
stronger drag.

What could be causing this, and is it a big problem? Is my brake rusted to the drum?

Well, get it towed to an inside garage....let it sit overnight to thaw...then have the whole shmear disassembled, if need be for rust...tho brake discs often rust (just a little bit) with overnight dew~ once it is thawed, you should be able to drive it out of there~

but the drums are apparently filled with water and rusting....get them dry~

19,075

the hand brake is not releasing all the way, wiggle the brake cable at front of each rear wheel by hand and make sure the handbrake is totally released ,some rust in cable sleeve!