how can you open a stuck drivers side door?

Asked by Jan 09, 2007 at 10:34 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr LT Sedan

16,555

Hello, Can you tell where it's stuck? Do you try to open the door and it doesn't unlatch? Or can you hear the latch moving? CarGrrl

10

The power door latch moves on the door panel, but the door release latch does not move when trying to open the door. Sometimes something will click and the dome light will go out and the door will open. It sound to me like there is a switch that controls the door release and is tied in with the dome light. Is this a possibility?