where is the fuse for the horn located its a 1996 chevrolet cavalier

25

Asked by Jun 15, 2007 at 12:59 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan FWD

My horn don't work so i wanted to start y changing the fuse but i can't seem to locate it. Where is te fuse located?

33,545

It should be on the fuse panel on the lower left side of the dash (near where your left knee would be). Also check your owners manual. It should tell you which one the horn is.

40

i am having the same problem, some of the fuses are under the hood on the right side as you stand in front of the car. I have a 1996 too. My horn stopped working too. Im looking for the same thing.

9,570

The horn fuse is the one labeled CIG behind the kick panel. It is also the fuse for the cigarette lighter, interior lamps, and diagnostic connector.

40

well I just got my cig. lighter fixed and it works but the horn still doesn't work if that is where the fuse is. no one can find it.

65

if your cigarette lighter is working but your horn is not then it is not a fuse problem as they are on the same fuse. next step is to get a test light or volt meter and see if you got power to the horn when you press the horn pad. horns should be located underneath right side fender if memory serves me right. if you have power there it is likely a bad horn or ground. if no power then look into clock spring or horn pad.

85

The fuse for your horn i believe is one that is compiled with other functions as well. I have already checked mine. chances are its not your fuse. If you can hear a slight clicking noise when you try it then you probly have a bad relay.