97 Buick is have Idle issues?

Asked by Nov 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM about the 1997 Buick Skylark Custom Sedan

My 97 Buick Skylark doesn't idle correctly. It acts as if it wants to die but then acts like it wants to take off in the same second.  I have to slowly hit the accelerator so it will take off normally without taking off to fast.  It also seems to be worse when it rains.  I have taken it in and they ran tests on it, but found nothing.  I have just dealt with it for the past 8 months, but this morning coming up to a stop light I took my foot off the accelerator to slow down, then hit the brakes and it was as if I didn’t have brakes as a car does if it has died and mine didn’t.  Does anyone have any ideas to what it could be?

(History-over 200,000 miles; the ABS light stays on, but told it is a senor and if fine; Check engine & ETS OFF lights come on and off, but they are unable to determine why)

10

Could be the distributor itself.... worn and missing timing. Does it have a "dead spot" somewhere during acceleration?

O2 sensor, if it is rough until after it gets out of open loop or the car warms up it would 99.9% be the O2 sensor. Very easy to do and under 100 bucks