2002 Rendevous lost power temporarily while driving at highway speed

Asked by May 19, 2013 at 01:01 PM about the 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD

My son was driving my 2002 Buick rendezvous from ft Lauderdale to Tampa, they were
set at 68mph on cruise control when the car just started slowing down like it was running
out of gas. Attempts to accelerate with the gas pedal did not work. There was
nonindication of something going wrong. It wasnt running rough, the lights didnt dim, the
fluids and temp gauge were all good. They pulled over to the side, shut the car off. A few
minutes later they restarted it and it accelorated normally. The check engine light has
always had issues coming on even with numerous trips to buick and thousands in
repairs.... But this time it started blinking on and off while the car was losing power..any
idea what would cause this??

232,355

Since it was blinking, there is a code stored. Go to another garage, as they will probably be able to find a solution. I can guess what it wrong, but the code will pinpoint the area. My guess is possibly an ignition coil going bad. The code will tell you which one.

96,095

The blinking CEL indicated a major engine problem and put the car into limp mode to be able to pull over. I would say to get the codes read to see what caused it but you know all about that procedure.

Thank you.. I guess my concussion is in that it seems to be running ok after this incident. Althought they haven't driven it far... I don't know how to get it back home with them on a Sunday without just taking a chance on letting them drive it and hope for the best..... Not sure if there is anywhere for them to take it and get it looked at on a Sunday... Ugh!! Thanks again!

40

Mine 2003 it does it a lot cools off starts back up this time I was driving it lost power when I was driving check ingine

40

Light starts blinking come to find out fuel pump water pump went out at the same time and had to buy new belt car drives like a new one now . Good luck and what is so sad this car has never gave me no warning just happened ...so good luck may be need to have these parts checked out.....