Why is my Buick Rendezvous over heating?

Asked by Oct 11, 2014 at 08:27 PM about the 2003 Buick Rendezvous CX

I recently got my Buick Rendezvous from an auction.. It looked as if it was in great condition, only had rear damage, with 113,000 miles on it. I been driving it for a month now and a few days ago it began over heating on me.

We thought it may have been the thermostat so we tested it and It was bad. So we changed it. That fixed the problem for only two days. A day ago my car began running hot again. Do anybody else has this problem? Is there anything I can do to prevent this or help the problem?

also, I read something as to if you are a speeder you may deal with these issues due to the engine venting system and it causes it to over heat.

HELP please and thank you.

19,300

In order fir it to get hot its leaking anti- freeze somewhere. The 3.4 liter has a very common intake gasket problem. It could be a hose, the radiator the intake gasket or a head gasket. I had a head gasket go on a Montana van (same 3.4 engine as yours) a few years ago. Never saw it leak on the ground, it was all internal.

Thanks so much!!! my dad was trying to figure out what could be the problem as to why the anti freeze leaking & he just couldn't understand why.

19,300

Go get it checked out by a REPUTABLE mechanic. They will probably do a pressure test on it. Glad I could help.