Why is my Corolla vibrating???

100

Asked by Jan 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM about the 2007 Toyota Corolla CE

i have a 2007 Corolla with 23,000 miles on it that I love.  I bought it used and have had zero problems for a year and a half.  2 weeks ago the car started to vibrate.  From the second the car starts till the second i turn it off it vibrates.  it is coming from the engine and I can feel it in the steering wheel and seat.  my toyota dealership said it was normal.  yeah right.  $10,000 for a vibrator.  Please help!!!  Why is it vibrating and how can I fix it?  

405

Definitely not normal. Usually when the steering vibrates at highway speed it's your tires that need replacing. When it vibrates while braking then your brake pads need replacing. When the entire car shakes from idle, to acceleration, to idle and stop, it could be your transmission. A much bigger and more pricey problem. Does it shake only in drive? How about when you put it in reverse? Neutral? My thoughts are to take it to a transmission shop and have them check it out. If they say your transmission is good, then it could range from various engine issues to even how the engine is mounted.

7,985

i agree with this. is it vibrates in any gear (park, reverse, drive, neutral, etc) my guess would be something with the engine mounts.

30

Might be tires seperated the thread on tires or our of ballance

110

What grade petrol do you put in it? These engines seem to be temperamental about their petrol. I put 89 in, then every 4th i fill up with 93, sometimes 100 if I can find it.

605

1st, check all motor mounts (4 in total). 2nd, check if all spark plugs are ok! the should be Iridium tips. 3rd, check the connections of all 4 ignition coils; & last, check if your vehicle falls under the ECM Recall.

75

After replacing the ECM in these doing the A0J recall, they tend to run rough. If you just had this recall done try wiping off the throttle plate using a throttle plate cleaner soaked rag. I wouldn't recommend spraying the stuff down the intake because that may cause your check engine light to come on.

100

Yes, I did have a ECM recall. After it was replaced it started gradually and because of the cold has been persistent. I think it might be the motor mounts. How do I check the ignition coils? And how do I know if the spark plugs are bad? Thanks for the advice Albert!!!

3,935

High-octane is a waste of money if it isn't recommended for your car. It doesn't help your vehicle at all and decreases efficiency and power because octane resists burning.

65

Mine did the same thing, It was a tire that was about to blow. The mechanics had it up on the lift talkin to me about tie rods , inner arms ya da ya da ya da, The tires inside had seperated but the tire had not blown,,, yet. I am sure this is to late, but wanted to share.

630

I got a 2008 corolla as well and now I'm facing the same problem.When its in idle,it vibrates less but when I on my A/C,I can feel vibration on the steering,my seat and all over.Its so irritating and annoying that I don't feel like driving it.Last time I changed 2 enginge mountings but this vibration is not because of mounting,its coming from engine.

200

How do you check the motor mounts?....I had the intake manifold gasket replaced but no luck...in my case it only vibrates at idle....once moving it smooths out

370

Honestly, I'm stumped too. We just inherited a 96 Corolla. I've read about the engine mounts, transmission problems, etc. Before I take any major course of action (money is tight), I have yet to find a solid answer. The car vibrates while idle in drive, lower gears, and reverse. However, when it is in Neutral, the vibration is at a normal level. In Drive, once we accelerate, vibration is normal. At first I thought the engine was just set at too high an idle RPM, but then I noticed how the vibration changes while in Neutral and while maintaining consistent speeds over 20mph. Any ideas?

9,160

You can take the toyota recommendation, and save your money. Or you can make it most pronounced for a test. Have a tech lift with a long prybar while you recreate the concern. If a motor mount gets grounded out, the lift action, floats it and transfers it to where he pries. If power pulses are normally generated by your current calibration and level of emission data thru your computer. and it cannot be cancelled out mechanically, sometimes dampening methods are more successful. You need a tech who can understand this to verify, or eliminate, or explain the condition. If you cannot stand it, keep complaining to them and when the acceptable TSB repair is engineered, you would be contacted as an unsatisfied customer perhaps.

9,160

If he finds a condition during the test that isolates the engine from the chassis ? There may be a radical repositioning or spacer, or not yet known parts relationship that can be achieved. I had to do this at ford for chrysler, and then have plymouth do something about it. After they botched it, we had to isolate and reposition it and dampen it at ford, because quantity was job 1. Translate that one, hahaha. But it quit shakin so bad.

9,160

I should give them credit for removing the shimmy under accel, but not the motor mount concern.

100

Should I just live with this viberation? Its so annoying . My 2004 corolla vibrates when I turn on the AC

40

i have toyota axio 2007 when im driving then car mising and some time off

70

my toyota platz , while i on the A/C the engine turns of while my car speed is below 10km/h,,but there is no vibration while engine turning of..can anyone help me with the problrm???

40

i have the same original problem on the post, i have a toyota corolla 2010 2z when i start to move it does a small vibration... actually am not sure if it is the tires or if it the transmition... some body had the same problem same with the same model

60

Hi I have recently been working on my mothers 2007 toyota corolla le and it gets a violent shake when in park,reverse,and drive. When I turn the A/C on it gets worse and have already cleaned the throttle body, intake gasket also I have dont a tune up and checked sparked plugs and connectors for the coil packs. have checked all vacuum lines and replaced a couple but am still getting this shake along with no codes or check engine lights. Please help!

10

replace your fuel pump. its best solution. mine was shaking. and i spent too much on this annoying problem. but at the and that was the fuel pump. it wasnt working properly.

My Toyota corolla 2005 is making funny granding noise when I reach 120km/ and also when I start ignition while my foot is on brake pad sometimes it cut off

10

hi guys i had this vibration problem for my toyota 1.3 l it was a 2001 model.It used to vibrate but none of the mechanics could not diagnose the problem took it to a professional guy he said the coils are a problem or the injector.Changed the coil and cleaned the injector and my problem was solved never faced this problem again.

Hi guys I had also a vibration problem on my Toyota corolla 3 door hatchback, it vibrate at the speed of 40 km/h then after 50 km/h it come normal, i can feel it through steering wheel, on the seat even at the accelerator pedal, what can I do?