my jeep commander 2007 3.7 v6 wont start

70

Asked by Jul 29, 2014 at 01:18 PM about the 2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4X4

my jeep commander wont start the battery is brand new starter motor brand new altern is not problem i think maybe the ignition switch but i found a ignition module in the ignition switch too i dont know witch one could be bad can you help me?

275

wont start or the engine wont turn at all??

Best Answer
20,815

I,d say none of above, maybe scan for a code . crank or cam sensors? fuel problem? ,needs more checking over

275

i was asking because wont start or don't turn at all are two different things, and to better help them we need to if it cranks or not.

70

Does not turn over

70

Will not turn over

275

before getting involve with the ignition switch, check the starter relay in the power box (fuse box) under the hood, look at the lid of the box and look for the starter relay, have some one turn over the ignition switch a few times, and if the relay is good you will hear "click" on the starter relay,if you put your finger on top of the relay you will feel the click too. let us know

30

This problem is widespread with 2007 Jeep Commande, as I type this message mine is stranded in a parking lot, right after sinking $900 into it, with a new starter part of that $900. This is a DEFECT that Jeep refuses to acknowledge, so many people having this issue.

10

There is a recall out for the ignition switch for most Jeep Commanders. Contact Chrysler manufacturer and give them your VIN to see if you're a part of the recall. Then report it to NHSTA( safercar.gov) because this is the ONLY way they will issue recalls if the problems are reported to them. Hope this helps someone.

if you recently got the recall done on the ignition switch you will probably need to take it back to dealership. I got recalled performed on ignition switch and have had nothing but problems since. Just today my car shut down on the freeway for no reason then started again. I have had 2 engine diagnostics performed because keep told me there is no way that the new ignition switch is bad. I recorded the whole scenario as well as the conversation with Jeep this morning. I told Jeep if this persist and actually causes damage I will be suing them. All of a sudden they can get my car in the shop and issue me a loaner... their recalled new ignition is a piece of junk!