My a/c blower motor intermittently does not work in auto. If I try manual, the bars by the blower control on the control move but the blower does not. It will come back on its own.

Asked by Mar 23, 2013 at 04:01 PM about the 2005 Buick Rainier CXL

Sometimes with the blower failure, and
sometimes by itself, there will be a lot of
feedback in the radio which whines up and
down wiyh engine RPM

97,065

It sounds like the motor brushes are short and hanging up in the brush holders. Sort of common on a older car that has the heater on every winter.

Thanks. Are you talking about the brushes in the blower motor? Would that also account for the interference in the radio? Both issues often happen at the same time.

10

I had the same issue. I opened the glove box full forward, See not below, you will see a cable that runs down toward the right. As I moved the cable the blower motor would start and then stop as I continued to gently move the cable back and forth. I slightly rerouted the cable so as it had a straighter alignment to the connector on the box in which it plugged into and so far so good. Note: In order to open the glove box full forward you will see a metal wire which is used as a stop. It keeps the glove box from going full forward. That stop will swing forward and allow the glove box to pass. Once it's full forward you can get to the cable that I'm talking about.