i have a 1990 mighty max piclup and it have a rough idle, popping sound from the intake and exhaust turn red, what is the problem them?

Asked by Jul 22, 2014 at 02:43 PM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

it have a hard start, when I get it to idle, the idle is rough, popping sound from the intake, and the headers turn red

10

You're running it lean. The glowing header is a dead give away. Keep running leaned out like that and see how long that engine lasts. Make sure ignition timing is correct. (Right side, inside fender, near to firewall) connect that to a ground. THEN check the ignition timing. Distributor may need turning. Either or, timing is off BADLY or you're running lean.