Where does the wire go?

65

Asked by Aug 03, 2007 at 01:08 AM about the 1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

First I started blowing the MFI Buss fuse that is attached to the battery, I had sparks coming out of the housing that holds the throttle cable, figured short/grounding problem. cleaned up all grounds, new battery cables...it ran for a week. Now it's doing it again. Found a wire coming out of the wiring harness that the alternator wires come out of..It is yellow with thick black insulation. It looks like it pulled out of something, its not cut. Can find nothing in my wiring diagrams that tells me what this is and where it goes. It was'nt cut and the only thing near there is the alternator and a sensor that another wire that comes down beside the wiring harness goes to...can you help. Thanks CRC

29,655

unfortunately I would have said look at wiring diagrams, but since you have already done that it won't help too much. Have you solved the issue since posting the question?

65

Nope.....but thanks for trying!

Had the same problem on my 94 .

yellow and black wire is for oil sensor white wire coming off the to prong plug on your alternator is the culprit blowing the MFI fuse.

Having the same problem on my 96 mirage. One yellow wire goes to the power steering "oil sensor". But the other that broke, which is also yellow I can't find where it goes. I have blown more 80 amp fuses than is humanly possible. HELP