Where can I get instructions or a manual on replacing the 4 oxygen sensors in my 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor?

20

Asked by Oct 01, 2013 at 08:58 PM about the 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD

I already bought the four O2 sensors, but need some guidance.  I have checked around
several parts places, but no one seems to have this.

5,645

not sure what ya need to know, just unplug then unscrew the old sensor out then screw the new one in and then plug the plug back into the new one...

210,865

Here is a general guideline with pics....http://www.automd.com/429/how-to-replace-an-oxygen-sensor/

345

Hi Angela I wouldnt bother wasting $$ on oxygen sensors. Its typical manufacturing Mitshubishi screw-up. I have 2005 Endeavor since 2006. I have had yellow check engine light for several years now. All dealer did was to reset computer, and changed oxy. sensor once under waranty. Not even after couple hours of driving engine light was back on. Simply ignore it. I noticed that even changing different gas stations would triger that idiotic yellow light. On the other hand does anyone have an idea how could i unplug it so i can pass e-test. Thank you and above all Cheers

5,645

that's bad advice steva, your problem is not necessarily her problem

345

You are right Daniel. Every car manufacturer have their own glitches with vehicles they are making, but if we consumers are trying to repair those "glitches" on our own-when dealer(s) couldnt' repair it with all their technology available to them then guess who is on loosing end,its us consumer. When code reader tells you to replace this or that sensor(s) is that what realy is.? We could replace entire electronics and electrical system including emission system and still wouldnt be able to corect it. All of suden this is not my problem only. but all of us consumers problem(s) Example code tells you that oxy sensor is not functioning properly. What you do.? Replace it and then what.? Light will come on again and again telling you that you have faulty oxy sesor. Get it Cheers

5,645

I think you misunderstood what I meant, what I meant is her sensors might actually be bad and her problem might not be the same thing you had, also is it a documented or well known thing that "Its typical manufacturing Mitshubishi screw-up." ive never heard of it, and yes if a code reader says something is bad and It correlates to your running problems then duh, fix it

5,645

also I find it funny how you say Its typical manufacturing Mitshubishi screw-up. when you don't even have a clue why shes replacing the sensors in the first place, I guess you don't think that they go out

5,645

another thing im curious what this "Its typical manufacturing Mitshubishi screw-up." that you state is, care to enlighten me? are you saying that the check engine light comes on falsely and give false error code readings ?

5,645

also steva I would say that if that light came back on it wasn't the O2 sensor that tripped it in the first place but some other problem that isn't that big of a deal like say your gas cap not sealing or abs system or something like that, what is your error code when you had it scanned ??? do you know hers ? I really hate when ppl give blind random bad advice, you don't know why she has to change them so how can you say what you said

20

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that this seemed to start some kind of disagreement. I ended up buying a $15 diagram from ChiltonDIY, which helped my mechanically-inclined friend change 3 out of the 4 O2 sensors. When he started my truck, the Check Engine light was off, so he drove directly to the Emissions Testing Station and the truck passed. He had to buy one socket that he didn't already have, so it ended up costing me $400 or so for the sensors + $29 for the socket, rather than $700-$1000 in labor at a mechanic's shop + the mark-up on the parts. Grateful for the internet, all of your help and my friend! Thanks.

5,645

no problem glad to be of help ;),, If you could give me some mark helpful marks though that would be great thanks