My driver's door latch will not work from the outside. Inside is fine; all other doors are fine. How can I fix this?

10

Asked by May 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM about the 1997 Volvo V90 Wagon

Using the door Lock/Unlock switch from the key fob and on-dash has not corrected this.  I
think I may have pressed the latch while the door was being electronically unlocked, but
this has happened many times before, needing only for the unlock mechanism to be used
again.  Major inconvenience as you can imagine.  Any help?

10

I finally just paid my local service station to attend to this. As I suspected, it required removal of the interior door panel. I did not view the repair but apparently, there is a plastic part that was broken -- after 17 years -- which needed to be replaced. Lesson for others: On an older car, become hyper vigilant as to whether anyone is trying to open a door when the auto-unlock mechanism is executed.