2004 Volvo with a jerk to the right when braking.

Asked by Jan 25, 2014 at 03:21 PM about the 2004 Volvo V70 2.4

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I have replaced both calipers, brake hoses, tie rod end on passenger side, and it still jerks to the right when braking. Im now going to start looking at the bushings unless there is another suggestion. I have also had both struts replaced. I really have no other direction to look but the bushings at this point.

3 Answers

247,385

Usually 98% of the time if your car pulls hard right while braking you have a bad sticking caliper....the other 2% it is caused by (broken or bent control arm or in rare cases extremely worn tie rods or ball joints or even a bent subframe) but usually in these cases the car will show other symptoms so it's most likely a bad front caliper. When changing your pads did you check the pad wear if one side wore less than the other? I would change the caliper that had the less wear assuming that it is not working as well.

247,385

But you said you replaced the calipers, so maybe a brake booster issue.

why would that cause it to jerk to one side or the other?

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

V70

Looking for a Used V70 in your area?

CarGurus has 405 nationwide V70 listings starting at $2,999.

ZIP:

Search Volvo V70 Questions

Volvo V70 Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 320
#2 Christopher Paden
Christopher Paden
Reputation 150
#3 Tatum09
Tatum09
Reputation 140
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Volvo XC70
51 Great Deals out of 904 listings starting at $1,995
Used Volvo V70 R
9 listings
Used Volvo XC90
116 Great Deals out of 8,640 listings starting at $1,990
Used Volvo V50
5 Great Deals out of 194 listings starting at $2,900
Used Volvo S60
138 Great Deals out of 8,142 listings starting at $1,970
Used Volvo C70
24 Great Deals out of 488 listings starting at $2,300
Used Volvo S80
36 Great Deals out of 983 listings starting at $995
Used Subaru Outback
410 Great Deals out of 39,289 listings starting at $1,800
Used BMW 3 Series
1,000 Great Deals out of 31,465 listings starting at $1,000
Used Honda CR-V
944 Great Deals out of 56,149 listings starting at $1,000
Used BMW 5 Series
489 Great Deals out of 16,475 listings starting at $2,000

Used Cars For Sale

2007 Volvo V70 2.4 For Sale
8 listings starting at $2,999
2006 Volvo V70 2.4 For Sale
8 listings starting at $4,198

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.