why is the ac blowing out heat even though the temp is set to cold

Asked by Sep 05, 2012 at 09:24 PM about the 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S

just yesterday my ac was ice cold, and last night i was adjusting the temp to make it a little warmer and nothing
was happening so i put it to full hot and heat began to blow out but now it seems to be stuck in the hot position
even though the knob is set all the way to cold

I had this same problem on my 2006. It blows. (joke) its some kind of air flap that switches air from hot to cold. It is stuck or broken to the hot side. It cost me $600 to repair because you have to take off the dashboard and replace the entire Heat/AC face panel. and you can only get the part from Nissan. I called everywhere and anywhere, asked my car friends and finally Nissan dealership. The price they quoted was higher because the labor is higher. I thought of just trading in the car but bit the bullet and paid the cheapest I could find. Good luck.

Hey thanks, I had figured out what the problem was and I was able to fix it myself with the help of a downloadable FSM (factory service manual) and some zip ties. The problem for me was a little plastic clip that holds the control knob cable in place broke, so all i did was zip tie the cable back in place to the little bracket and it works like new again.

I repaired my air condition just like Slidemys13 said. Thanks so much you saved me money that I did not have

How do u gey the front dashboard panel off to check to see if mine has broken . Need help please

First remove the top center compartment (it just pops out), and once its out you can access the screws in which hold the radio in place and then just work your way down to the ac controls. It turned out to be pretty simple once i had access to everything

Thank you slidemys13 so much it took me and my friend about 10 minutes and we did exactly what you said. We found the problem clip was broken and fixed with zip tie.

Thank you so much for the answer's that everyone had it was the Clip that holds the cable OMG we have AC again.

Thank you Slidemy13 just fixed my car the same way thank you very much

The clip broke so I jury-rigged it using super glue (similar to the zip tie method) but now the cable itself is stuck in the sleeve. And won't slide through. I've tried a lubricant. Please help!

Slidemys13 thank you so much! The zip tie thing worked!

Dude! Thanks! You rock. System blowing ice cold!

Yes thank you so much!! I recharged my airconditioner and replaced the cabin filter. Still not enough air coming out. We used wire ties on the control panel and boom! I habe air

I replaced my whole a.c. for over 600 bucks and it didn't work. Just took apart the dash and it doesn't look like any of the clips aren't secure. What do I do?! I can't afford to take it to a shop and its so freaking hot out

This worked! Thank you so much. Took me 15 minutes. The metal clip had failed and the plastic thing was broken. Took one 6 inch Ziptie and all is good. No more rolling down the windows in the frequent Houston rain and it's not 100 degrees in the cabin.

Any pictures available???? Going through the same thing currently!!

Can anybody help me with this on what y'all did??

Anyone have pictures?

My 2009 nissan doesn't have those clips? Different knobs?

What clip is this?!?!?!

They say there are clips for a.c. in the dash. I took apart mine and no loose or broken connections there. So the 2009 isn't the same?

I also had the same problem. Solved using a ziptie and everything is good now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Huy1IbKXg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzIhTl7TsQ

Thank you very much for the cure. I am 87 and I repaired it today, great instructions. Saved me much money. Thanks again.

slidemys13 - Thank you for this solution! sriraj - Thank you for the link to the Youtube Video! I just fixed this issue on my son's 2000 Nissan Sentra! Relatively easy fix (following the video...), and saved a lot of $$$$!