Water leaking into my 1993 mx3

Asked by Oct 27, 2010 at 04:32 PM about the 1993 Mazda MX-3 2 Dr STD Hatchback

I have a substantial amount of water leaking into my car's driver's side.  I am unable to discover if water is coming through the window and down through the door, or if it is coming in from a wheel well on driver's side.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Fixed it?

85

Many possibilities. Sunroof? There is a hose that drains from the sunroof pan, through the molding on the left side of the windshield and down. If it's broken, plugged, water will seep in. Second - major rust under the top corner of the windshield. If you remove the inside molding mentioned above, you could see wear it leaks through. Could bee your door seal, a bad seal around the window, or a hole in your floor pan. You'll need to pull up the molding around the outside of the windshield, find any rust, grind it out, load it with bondo or silicone and replace the molding. The floor pan - take a look under the car - if it is cracked, rusting, you could pull off the loose pieces, then slap on some bondo again. Let is set 24 hrs then spray it with undercoat. You may have a hole in your firewall. Basically jack it up high, brace it well so you don't kill yourself, and start inspecting.

Thank you for responding. I don't have a sunroof, so I am back to the window or door seal. I don't think it is the firewall as the water pools in the back floor on the driver's side. After seeing the water build up today, I am thinking it is coming from the base of the door, I can find no evidence of any cracks in the actual floor, Again, thank you.

5

I realize this a resurrection of an old topic,,But I too have just experienced the same issue. A boat load of water under the drivers seat. I will take the advice here and search the whole car over, Thanks for the hint on the sun roof drain. I'm going to check there first. We have had a few (almost monsoons) lately and the pool in my car is starting to annoy me..

105,555

wow