Having issues with bleeding coolant system

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 09:39 PM about the 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Camper Passenger Van

Blew a coolant hose, have been attempting to bleed at the radiator(and yes, the front end
is elevated. It does not seem to be bleeding and the level of coolant in reservoir has not
changed at all

I have worked on a couple of these that were real bears to get the air out. You have done the very first thing to do and that was raise the front end, but it had to be at least 24 inches higher than it is sitting normally, the next step is fill it as full as you can, cap it, start it run for 1minute, shut it down, open the bleeder add more coolant, and repeat as many times it takes to fill it. I can remember 1 such rig that took me 3 hours to finally get all of the air out, I was ready to call it a day when it went burp and it was full. These things are nasty for air pockets.

Thanks man,finally took a breath and figured out what has D done wrong,coolant in wrong reservoir. Total freshman mistake. This is number five,a '70, '76, two '86's and now thee '91. Ahvaz been beating am brain out about how ta get one, finally had thee money, just forgot all thee ins and outs