My 1990 Vanagon won't start in cold weather

10

Asked by Jan 06, 2013 at 02:20 PM about the 1990 Volkswagen Vanagon GL Passenger Van

2.1L Digifant started at 32 degrees fine, temp dropped to 14 now won't start I replaced the temp.
sensor for the injectors at the thermostat. Any ideas?

99,255

Make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight. Will it start when jump started? If it does, the problem is the battery. --- If it doesn't start, the problem is with fuel delivery or spark. In that case, try squirting starting fluid in the intake. If it fires, then the problem is fuel delivery.

10

I checked fuel delivery at the pressure regulator, that's fine. The engine will kick but not take. I sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it only kicked a little better but still would not take.

10

The battery is fine. Connections are clean and tight, no it still won't start when jumped. Only when the temperature gets about 30 degrees F. I've checked the Idle control valve. it's fine.