does a 2002 vw cabrio come with only a heated drivers seat

Asked by Jan 13, 2007 at 05:26 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLS Convertible

does a 2002 vw cabrio come with only a heated drivers seat? or is it dual heated seats?

14,270

Dear gearjammer-- I never heard of a car coming with only a heated driver's seat. That would be a bit rude to your friends, wouldn't you say? Don't you have two buttons to activate the front seats? I think you have a minor problem and I would let a dealer service department look at it. It should be inexpensive to fix. Good luck from Bovan.

80

Both seats are heated. The control on the dash has two thumb twirls, one to the left for the driver seal and one next to it, to the right, for passenger. If the seats don't heat, it is likely because the nichrome wire in the seat has broken due to someone using their knee into the seat. Another less likely possibility is that the heated seat fuse is blown. Under the seat is a control box (thermostat) for the heating elements, the connector of which could also possibly have become unattached.