My oil light keeps coming on in my 2002 Volkswagon Cabrio. The enginw is not overheating, though, nor is the oil low. Could it be my oil temperature sensor? If so, how do you install it?

Asked by Feb 19, 2015 at 11:22 AM about the 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

10,635

If you are certain the oil level is okay, try resetting the indicator: 1995-2002 Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine). Press and hold the button located under the speedometer. Switch ignition off and release button. Message OIL appears in the display. Press MINUTE button of digital clock or button for setting analog clock only as long as 5 dashes appears in display. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

21,005

Why just go guessing and replacing things? What if something really is wrong with the oil pressure? The engine could blow up- Pass this advice on to your friend- take the car to a really good VW garage- let a pro deal with this- don't have the money? Better get another car-

in case this doesn't fix it, could you please tell me where on the car is this sensor and how do you replace it? I am trying to help my friend in Dallas (I am in San Diego) who has this car. She already bought a new sensor from Autozone. Thank you.