I have a 74 sr5 we are replacing the front shocks and I have tokiko lowering springs,but regular shocks,can this work or do I need tokiko shocks

Asked by Oct 11, 2010 at 02:11 PM about the 1974 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe

475

get the tokiko or you could do some serious damage to your suspension components. Since the springs are shorter than the stock ones they will not sit on both spring seats when the stock shock is fully extended. IE if you use stock shocks with lowering springs, if you hit a bump the spring can launch the car up causing the spring to leave the seat and slam back down on it possibly damaging your regular struts. In other words if you dont have to compress the spring to put it on the strut/shock then dont do it.