1979 Corolla SR5 Starter

95

Asked by Jul 06, 2008 at 03:59 PM about the 1979 Toyota Corolla SR5

Keeps goin bad.  Replaced several times, and completley rewired everything.  What could be wrong

20

how long does it take to go bad? have you done anything else to the engine since before the starters decided to go out?

265

Do you replace the whole starter assembly? If you do there and it only clicks and then hesitates to roll over you should check the starter CONTACTS. Those are the general fault and if the starter contacts have been replaced then you should check to make sure that they are installed LEVEL in the starter solenoid area. This is generally the only thing that wears out in Toyota brand starters and some lines do not stock nor recommend replacement of the contacts for the level purpose because one bad install can cause everything to go.