with a new windshield repair my radio volume no longer works

Asked by Apr 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM about the 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 500 Convertible

and yes, I checked to make sure the mute was off.  This can't be coincidental that it is fine then all of sudden it doesn't work coinciding with the windshield repair.  Any ideas?

264,385

My guess is the radio antenna is integrated into the windshield, and the wiring that goes along the driver side C pillar was not re- attached. Take the car back to the glass shop or dealer to have it checked out.

16,635

Or there was no radio connection in the r4placement windshield. Make sure the connections are correct and no wires or connections damaged. If the incorrect glass was put in, they should not charge you if you can prove it was their mistake. If they gave you an option of glass, and you picked one due to the price difference, see if what they gave you included antenna in the windshield. Good luck.

The same thing happened to me this week--but the sound doesn't work on my radio OR my CD player. Seems like the CD player shouldn't need an antenna to work...AND I was sure to buy the more expensive windshield with the sensors.

I will go back and see what they say. Yes, it all worked before. I called the dealer and they were confused why this happened...thought perhaps a windshield tech disconnected something and didn't reconnect. I'll let everyone know how it comes out!

16,635

If before you replaced your windshield, your radio and CD worked, I'd call back or go to the business that put in the windshield and make sure any and all connections were correctly hooked up. All the wiring should be correct, and no cuts or breaks, Does everything else on the radio work? Or is it a stand-a-lone radio? Call your dealer and ask if the radio being disconnected to put in a new windshield needs to be reprogramed into the car's computer system. It seems everything is programed into the computer system and if changed, needs to be reprogramed.