how to open trunk

Asked by Apr 08, 2014 at 12:56 PM about the 2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Convertible

I have a CLK320...I can't open trunk with remote,key, or dash control any tips?

2,535

Sounds like the lock actuator could be stuck. I would check all your fuses and then I would see if you can remove the lock assembly or manual override it from the inside. See, if you can remove the back seats or put them down and crawl in the trunk itself and see what is going on.

150

Slide the metal key out of the remote. Stick key in trunk lock. Turn left and push in. That worked on 2002 clk 320

270

can i remove the lock and put a new one? i have the same problem it just stopped working. i can't open it with the remote i can't open it with the switch (near the gear shifter) can't open it manually all the fuses seem to be good and i am hopeless

430

Change the remote battery, then on the passenger side door use the key to unlock the door making sure you hold it in the unlock position until you hear all the locks unlock. That was a quick reset on older model Mercedes 1988-1995 it may still workin on the newer models. My mom has the same issue with her newer 2002. She claims that when she holds down the unlock button and then the trunk it opens for her. It's worth a try.

30

Thank you "wildwes50". You save my head from chopping.

280

I have a Meredes Benz CLK55 AMG and my trunk wont open with remote,key or dash control. And my convertible wont let up or down can anyone help me out with this?

20

Same thing happened to my car, I have a C class 2016 model, there's a button in the glove box, if it is flipped to lock then nothing will open the trunk, it's supposed to keep the trunk locked when you unlock the doors, however if you flip the switch to the right, the lock will function normally.

20

Hi I have 230e 1988 and my boot won't open with the key . Please help

I put jumper cables on my car and the key fab button opened the trunk. try that.

If you can get into the trunk through the back sets, the easiest way to open the trunk is to undo the two small bolts that hold the catch in place. They are easily accessible by prying open the 1" x 2" plastic flap on the inside of the trunk right near the floor, just under the catch assembly. Once you have the trunk open it will be much easier to troubleshoot the actual cause of the problem.