How to open trunk?

Asked by Sep 02, 2012 at 04:26 PM about the 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Convertible

Battery is fully charged and car running.  Trunk switch inside cabin will not work nor make  sound.  
Emergency key inside remote will not turn to open boot.  Manual handle above car tag will not operate.
What do i do?

1,585

You have to make the mechanical key turn on the trunk lid. (boot). Use pliers if necessary. Hold it over and squeeze the release handle.

90

"I CAN/WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF GRIEF!" Get a 1in. Hole Saw and a power electric drill. Measure to center distance between the bottom holes that holds the car tag in place. Move the drill point location exactly 1in. left of center and using the hole saw~Drill hole through the plastic outer cover plate and the metal of the trunk lid directly behind it. (Drill RPM on slow speed so hole saw doesn't burn up). It will take about 5 minutes or less but you will punch a 1 in. hole through the trunk lid (car tag hides the hole). When you look in the hole, you will see a vertical rod (about 3/16 dia.) traversing downward. Take a pair of Needle nose vice grips and insert them through the hole and clamp onto this vertical rod; Jiggle up/down and rest assured~~"YOUR TRUNK WILL OPEN!" "TRUTH!" I became so aggravated with this problem, I would not jive or trick you to make you feel bad. THIS WAS THE ABSOLUTE ONLY THING THAT WORKED FOR ME; and DON'T ASK/EXPECT MERCEDES TO ASSIST THEIR CUSTOMERS BECAUSE THE GREEDY S.O.B.'s HAVE ONE GOAL ONLY~~"TO RIP YOU OFF!"

greedstomper you darlin ,new access hole in trunk lid = open trunk lid.having opened it all seems to be cured , now do you know how nto get my soft top working ? PS stuff the dealers,,,,,,,