A/C in 2002 Chevy Prism not getting cold

Asked by Sep 04, 2014 at 02:53 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Prizm 4 Dr LSi Sedan

I have replace every part of the A/C system including compressor, tube ( what ever it is called) the dryer, the evaporator and the part that goes behind the radiator but I still can not get cold air.  Was cold today for about 10 minutes and now running hot again.  Clutch is running and so are the fans.    What would you suggestion I try next other then put the car over a cliff.  ( Replaced the compressor 5 times now along with that stupid tube until I got one that ran   all new compressor.  Dryer had holes in it - the new one  had to replace twice. )

100,445

What are you high and low pressure readings.

I had the compressor changed last night and I have not had it tested again but it was low 80 and High 140.

100,445

Low should be around 30 to 35 high should be 140 to 150. So your low pressure is too high, did you put the orface tube in backwards?

I do not know That orface tube has been a throne in our side from day one. Maybe that is the problem. I have asked everyone from the Parts guy at a Chevy dealership to the parts guy where I purchased it and still have not gotten a straight answer.

Try asking at a Toyota Dealer, they may know...your Prizm is a Corolla with a Chevy Badge