92 Ford E-150: Speedometer stopped working/transmission losing power?

Asked by May 25, 2016 at 07:31 PM about the 1992 Ford E-150 Club Wagon

I replaced the radiator on my 1992 Ford Ecoline 150 but I was given the wrong
fittings for the transmission coolant line and I had a transmission fluid leak
without knowning. I have since then repaired the leak after dealing with getting
to van back to my home from off the side of the highway where I had to leave
it. But now the speedometer has stopped working and the last time I tried to
drive it the transmission felt like it was losing power (especially when going
uphill/up a small incline). The dipstick shows that it has fluid, but I'm not sure if
I still need more or if it's something else. Also did I mention this all happened a
week before I am suppose to start living in this van after ending my apartment
lease?(I was supposed to do some traveling). HELP!

I VERY good chance the transmission has been overheated and "cooked" is the fluid dark brown? does it smell Burnt. If so I suggest a Re manufactured transmission not a rebuilt! Many of the transmission "shops" I've viewed lately have been very sloppy, dirty and NO THANKS! A good facility is always spotless INSIDE AND OUTSIDE and happy to walk you through!.... If the engines sound in the Econoline buy from a reputable transmission Re-manufacturer read about them online.. Regards

I've had issues in my 1993 E150 where gauges (speedometer, etc.) stop working and it has trouble shifting gears when the key is turned too far in ignition. When I come to a stop and click the key back, problem is solved. I did have ignition switch replaced recently.