Clutch not working

Asked by Jul 21, 2015 at 08:31 PM about the 1991 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

Every thing was good. I parked the truck for 30 days. When I tried to start it, I was barely
able to push in the clutch. Battery was dead. So I was going to push start it. Got it rolling,
put it in 2nd gear let the clutch out and nothing happened. It was like it was still in neutral.
Normally the clutch is super easy to use.

18,790

Is it a manual or hydraulic clutch ?

I thought manual. If it's not is there a reservoir?

18,790

There should be a clutch master cylinder on fire wall and a slave cylinder on the side of the transmission if it's a hydraulic system.

Ok. I will look in the morning when I can see . If they are low do I fill both? Also, can I use break fluid, or what? Thank you.

18,790

Just fill the clutch master cylinder with brake fluid but if it needs some most likely there is a leak somewhere in the system.

You were right. I filled the master cylinder. The pedal is still very hard to push. I guess I just keep pumping it? The slave on the transition is on the right side, if i'm looking at the right thing. Do I need to prime that some how?

18,790

Was it low or empty ? Yes the slave cylinder has a bleeder screw on it to bleed make sure master cylinder is full and have someone pump clutch a few times then have them hold it and then open bleeder screw until clutch goes to floor once it goes to floor tighten bleeder screw back up and repeat the process until all air is out of system and nothing but brake fluid comes out of bleeder screw. If clutch is still hard most likely the slave cylinder is seized up. And if the system was low or empty there is a leak somewhere.

Thank you for your help. Very helpful.