about toyota echo car

Asked by Sep 26, 2012 at 02:02 PM about the 2001 Toyota ECHO 4 Dr STD Sedan

dear respected sir
my name is israr i am from u a e i have toyota echo car 2001 model sir when i start my car for some
time this one is going nice but when i stop car in parking and on stop car when i start ac then all car
engine shaking like quail problem or pluck exectaly i don,t know when one time start then shaking
countinously even when i slow my car for humps or for signal plz sir help me what i have to do for
this car this one problem start when i wash my car

45

I have the same type of problem with my car. When you run the AC, it draws power from the engine making it work harder. If it was really bad like your describing you might need to check the belts, and or throttle cable. Your cable might need to be adjusted making the car drop into really low RPMs causing a vibration from the motor being worked so hard. You might consider a tune up as well (new spark plugs) Im not a mechanic, I have just owned a 2000 Echo for 5-6 years and have learned a lot. Hope this helps.

45

My Echo ran poorly at about 90,000 miles so I changed the plugs and everything was back to normal. It really makes a difference. Just doing the normal maintainance really makes this car run great. The Echo is a great, reliable, economy car that will run for many miles if taken care of.

20

thanks. I own an automatic Toyota echo. did you experience the engine suddenly stopping? battery is good, gas ok but it just stops. then after 20-30 minutes it starts again.