05 toyota corolla need program for second key

60

Asked by Aug 28, 2013 at 07:43 PM about the 2005 Toyota Corolla LE

i have 05 toyota corolla LE .i just got transponder key from my local lock shop with out
program.would you please tell me how to program second key for my car??

Sit in your car leaving only the driver's door open and unlocked. Place your key in the ignition and pull it out quickly. You have five seconds to do this TWICE Shut the driver's door and open it two times. Insert your key into the ignition and promptly remove it. Do this step in 40 seconds. Close your door and open it twice, place the key in the ignition and close the door one more time. Turn the key to the "On" position and then turn it back off and remove it from the ignition. You have 40 seconds to complete this step. Listen for the door locks to cycle, which means they will lock and unlock on their own. The locks should cycle within three seconds of completing the third step. If they do not, it means you have not been successful in programming your transponder key.... and will need to do it again. But that should do it. That's for the key, not the fob

Best Answer

Right Answer....give that man a cigar!....or mark helpful for a non-tangible reward~

60

Do I have to use master key for 1step? Or with new key?

New key

60

Thank you so much

60

I have one more question if I program new key is that old key will be work?

Old key will be just fine. You're just programming a new cut key.

30

Hello.First thanks for the tip. I did that and the locks did on/off but i am not able to start the car with the new key.Maybe the key is not good or i don't know?

30

In the explanation above regarding programing a new key by DavidH25, are all the steps listed done with the new key without using the master (original car key)? I'm assuming it is - no master key needed. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks

30

One other thing, other forums say you have to start with the master key to prove your the owner of the car. Any thoughts on this?

40

The above "Best Answer" did not work for me, but this did, except that I had a locksmith cut the new key for $15. because Home Depot would not do it. Contrary to what many state, the 2005 Corolla transponder key can be programmed on board. You can purchase the correct blank transponder key online for about $3.50 and up. Home Depot and many Lowes will cut it for free. The steps are simple and faster then programing the remote. Please follow the following when you have your valet key cut. Note? you need the master key to perform these steps. 1. with the doors closed, insert the master key in the ignition 5 times leaving it in on the 5th insertion. 2. Immediately open and close the door 6 times. 3. pull out the master key and the security light should start blinking. 4. immediately put in the valet key (new cut key) and wait for the security light to stop blinking. This will take 2 to 3 minutes of blinking. When it stops blinking, pull out the key. 5. Put the master in and start the car and turn off. 6. Put in the valet key and the car should start, programing is complete. If it does not work on your first try, do it again. (It took me 2 tries the first time because I did not put the master out soon enough after opening and closing the door.)

Does anyone know if the valet and master key are cut differently due to the fact that the valet key not being able to open the trunk?

These videos show how to do it. Also, how to program the keyless entry. https://www.youtube.com/playlist? list=PLgLdHxmqIiwm5FubmVR1-mPWs7r6PQeNS