How to open front door(ds) with both inside & outside handles broken

Asked by Jul 15, 2015 at 05:51 PM about the 2000 Toyota Corolla VE

I take it you're not locked out, just all four handles broken on front doors. Ummm, replace handles.

I have to slide over the front seat and cross the consold. Ds is drivers side. I can not open the driver door at all. How do I get it open so I can change out the handles?

Ah, OK, I misunderstood (ds). They are broken off so short you can't use vice-grips to grab the stub, or do you mean broken inside door so that it won't open?

OK, either way, click for full screen. But it depends on exactly what is broken. Do you have power locks? It matters in my explanation

Best Answer Mark helpful

There us nothing to use vice grips on anymore. I replaced the outside last summer and now the handle is still there but the door won't open. I guess something came off. I can not open the driver door at all, any good ideas on how to open it pls.

You are going to have to pop the inside panel off. I know, a real pain with door closed. Buy when you get as much as you can exposed, you should be able to see what is broken. I have a feeling it might be just disconnected, one of the linkage parts come apart. It just might not be that bad, not expensive either. But you gotta get where you can see in there. Then when you do, and get the door open, finish pulling panel off and then you will really be able to see what is going on. Then you will need to get new christmas tree clips for the panel

Make sure window is UP before you start pulling panel!

Thanks so much, i will try that in the morning. Lord I am tired of crawling over that consold. Too many bruises. Gotta get out that dawg gone door again. I eill let you,know. Thanks a million

I sure will make sure it's up. Thanks

Look way cool jumping out the window feet first. Put a grab-handle above door on the roof. Hit the ground running like the Duke boys.

I am just kidding of course. Being silly this morning. Or did they come out head-first? I really don't remember

They sid out arms first. No they do not. I do not see a way to peal back tbat door panel.

Well car gruman, can u pls tell me how it get the door open? Do u have to take that panel off being the handle on the inside has broken too. And or take the seat out first? Help, i am stumped.