how do you tell the difference between a corolla & camry steering wheel? my aunts doesn't have radio controls.

245

Asked by Jun 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM about the 1997 Toyota Corolla DX

how can you tell the difference between a camry, corolla steering wheel.  reason i ask is toyota friend was digging through his garage & found one & if i pick up this corolla/prism the middle of july from my aunt  i'd like to know if its a corolla because if its not i'm selling it

probably, DavidH25 is the TRUE expert on these~ he should be with us shortly~

If it does mot have radio Controls it's Corolla, this is just like my 2006 except I don't have the navigation screen ....just horn on wheel

Camry. with radio controls, no cruise control on wheel just radio, click to enlarge

Unless it's a pre~2004 Camry. This is a 2004 Camry, notice steering wheel is almost identical to mine but gauges are different, and no radio controls on wheel. click image

But this is 2005 Camry, it has them on wheel

Well. The pictures were there. Bottom line it's a Corolla, or pre~2004 Camry. But it may also have to do with the trim, the LE Camry had them for sure, the Base probably. There is also a possibility it is off of an Avalon, they would have them in the wheel. I really don't understand why they deleted the pictures, especially selectively like that, they all came from the same source, and were deleted for 'inappropriate language"....does anybody see anything 'inappropriate' that I wrote? And if so would it not also be deleted? All I wrote is still there. I am getting a little annoyed with this, I follow every rule, have read 'Terms of Use" and still, it makes it difficult to answer questions, accurately, Mr./Ms Reviewer. I realize you have a job to do, remove copyrighted and such.

there is an airbag? this might mean trouble~...I'm just sayin'

You know what that never occurred to me. Indeed there is an air bag in my Corolla wheel....

who wouldn't like a tooth pushed in or an eyeball popped, cause the bumper's got a dent now? the whole deal should be optional with a switch and the passenger side sometimes is (why is this?, one may ask?)...in either case a bit of an incursion into choices we thought we had~

Mike, the mechanic at Berkeley Motor Works says that a recall item at the passenger seat causes the airbag to pop....at any time....YES, who wouldn't like a little PERIL with that daily drive....should be optional...they got it wrong~

like click and clack asserted :POP AND WIN airbags with a prize to be collected with each use~

I ran across Tom and Ray, Click and Clack this morning, looking for some information about Volvo horns, They are wired hot at all times and make the connection by ground, and Tom said the Volvo horns don't blow they suck

What a complex Engineering decision...Positive Ground---Lucas electrics...somehow they survived to this day, but are more concerned with lubricating oils for race cars...to run everything HOT? am really not certain of the logic here...relay?....there's gotta be a relay---Why can the switch of the horn have contacts that can accommodate ten or more Amps remains a mystery....guess goin' round and round and still making contact, so you can toot the horn...mid-turn is the Idea, where such amperage would tend to WELD themselves....my 73 Celica had horn buttons 4 on the front and 4 on the back...kinda overdesigned but appreciated~ STAY positive, my friend~

think it was an old JEEP had an ignition relay! since my rather brilliant diagnosis am looking for an ignition relay...even looked for a BALLAST resistor...things that were "skippy", "toast and eggs" solutions are not such an easy puzzle these days am finding the things I thought I knew have a good reason for NOT doin' it that way any more....what is a "good reason" remains to be seen...Are you going to argue that a throttle position sensor is MORE reliable than a cable connection....I think you'd lose that bet~