the gears wont shift and clutch pedal well go all the way down when i step on it on my 1990 toyota corolla dx

10

Asked by Oct 30, 2013 at 02:20 PM about the 1990 Toyota Corolla DX

i have to pump the clutch several times to get it into gear and sometimes it does int want
to let go of the gear to neutral

315

Definitely sounds like your clutch is headed to the great beyond, how many miles does your vehicle have? How long has it been doing this?

...ummm the clutch hydraulics have an internal leak...suspect the master clutch cylinder...but if you replace this one, you have to replace the slave cylinder as well...can find and put up prices but this is a boilerplate operation for any mechanic...parts are easy to find...recommend rockauto.com~

if yours looks like this all slopey and stuff find the one that matches whatcha got~ https://www.google.com/#q=1990+toyota+corolla+clutch+master+cylinder&tb m=shop

of course the slave cylinder too~ (not my choice of words)~ https://www.google.com/#q=1990+toyota+corolla+clutch+slave+cylinder&tbm =shop

10

thank,s guy,s for your help info. i,ll change the cylinder,s

be sure the reservoir is full when you have your heavy footed person "pump the pedal"~ easy once you've got the right wrench for the bleeder...and a bit of aquarium tubing to lead to a 2-liter plastic bottle to capture the old fluid...rather than put it on the ground~...be nice to your world~