water is collecting under the rear seat in my 2006 toyota solara convertible. where is the roof drains located?

Asked by Dec 29, 2015 at 04:22 PM about the 2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Convertible

10

If your windows are fogging up it could be a Leaking heater core. This happened on my 88 supra.

100

Did you ever get an answer to this question? My Solara convertible has filled with water under the back seat and floor panels as well. I can't find the drain holes underneath the car to clean them out. I think water may run out inside the rocker panel, but I'm not sure. Did you have any luck?

110

We have the same problem. First we thought it was a leak at the rear window. Well, that was leaking, and we fixed it but the problem persisted. The culprit is two tears in the rain "trough" - the vinyl piece that the rear part of the top drains into and, when working, channels water away from the trunk and back seat area, down through spaces in the frame. Cost of the part is $350-$450 not including installation. However, we have found at least one installer who will put a new one in at cost for the part if we replace the top though him. Top is about ready to be replaced anyway. We'll see...

10

How to clean drain pipes in a 2006 solara convertible

10

I'm having the same problem my trunk was filled with water and the back seat area is soaking wet, I brought the car back to the Toyota dealer and they told me that there is a problem with the convertibles draining the water when it rains and as stated in a previous post in to fix the problem it would cost approximately $400 for the part and then installation charges Toyota knew that they had a problem with water drainage and should have a recall but it will most likely not happen I was told by the Toyota dealer to keep the car in the garage when it rains or pay to have the problem fixed

10

Hey solara07, did replacing the trough fix your issue? In the exact same situation. Just replaced the top because of leaking window and now the water that drains back off the top is leaking through two tears (one on each side) in the trough rather than draining all the way to the end and draining out of the car. I'm already 1000 bucks into fixing a leak and still have a leak. Would love to confirm that replacing the trough fixes the issue before I throw another 400 plus installation at this prob...

110

Yes! We replaced the top AND the trough and the trough was indeed the culprit. Our replacement top plus trough replacement cost us a little over 2K, so you're on par. Very glad we did it.

10

That's awesome! I honestly never expected you to see this much less respond. Thanks bud! Gonna go ahead and order the trough tonight then. :)