Turn signal stops working after a few flashes

20

Asked by Apr 21, 2015 at 08:39 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Coupe

Hi, I have a chevy cavalier 2005. My turn signals are not working properly. The left
signal works for a few clicks and then turns off. The right is better than the left signal
but has a similar behavior. It also goes off after a while but gives more clicks than the
left signal before going off. The signals seem to have deteriorated over time.
Sometime back the left signal used to give the mentioned problem only occasionally.
But now if turn off barely after 1-2 clicks. The hazard lights are working fine. Is the
issue the turn signal relay or the turn switch? Also now if I turn on the headlights the
left signal light on the dashboard is always on (although the actual indicator is not
flashing). If the headlights are off then the indicator light on the dashboard is off. Any
ideas what it might be due to? Thanks for the help!

35

Most likely a failing fuse. One fuse serves both turn signals. You should be able to locate your cars fuse box by looking at owners manual or by Googling make/model/fuse box location. If fuse OK, I'd look,for a loose or shorting wire that's connecting to the signal actuator. Issue on one side could effect both sides. Try fuse first.

26,235

change your turn/brake bulbs and put a new flasher in it.. after you do that,report back.

20

Checked the turn fuse. It's okay. Also changed the relay for turn signal. The issue is still there even after changing relay (no change). The brake and hazard lights are working fine, so i don't think it's the bulbs..any suggestions?

26,235

check and clean the turn signal switch,headlight switch ..