1990 radio turns on but no sound

Asked by Jan 17, 2012 at 02:12 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

My radio turns on but no sound. The antenna does not raise, so maybe if I replace the
motor on the antenna then it will work?

75

Have you got it checked first, dude... Because i were you i would before you replace or do something with it. Just to be safe, kno' mean... You don't want to mess with that pretty sweet car... I LOVE CORVETTEz!!! Good Luck with your little project, dude!!!

65

if there is no sound at all even if the antenna is down you sould ear the speaker scratching so that is maybe your speaker or even the radio amplifier so if you dont mind to keep your car all original i think you should change all your car stereo it will sound better than ever but if you want to keep every part of your car stock you sould go ask your question to a car audio seller

65

it might also only be the wiring of your speaker

14,265

With the power antenna down, you will still get a hum sound or static from the speakers. Make sure your radio is connected to the speakers. If you are brave, remove the instrument panel that holds the radio, ( Medium difficulty) and take the radio in for testing. If the radio works, recheck the wire connections to the speakers. Will the power antenna go up when you turn on the radio?